Wednesday, March 26, 2008

A Very Merry unBirthday!

We want to start a Zoo do you?
But oh, there is so much to know and do!
Can you tell us if it's true?

Ok, so I have now memorized most of Sarah's favorite books and mind you this is not a complaint, I really like it. This past week feels like we have started a Zoo and there is so much you need to know and do!

The plague has finally left our house and we got to celebrate Sarah's very merry unBirthday! She was officially 6 months old on Easter Sunday and therefore got her first taste of Rice Cereal, a freaking hilarious event. I think the pictures will tell it best but I do have to share with you that she was much more interested in the pink cup holding the cereal and about mid-way through the feast she kicked it out of my hand, all over the wall, down my leg and into a lovely splat on the floor. The good news is the dog immediately lapped up all evidence! Just what would I do without my little furry Hoover?





I will admit that I really wondered how our pets would react to Sarah and just what would she think of them and it turns out they are both equally enamored and annoyed with each other.

Roxie, who was a little upset in the beginning that someone had taken her spot as the baby of the household now loves being my mommy sidekick. She loves to nap by Sarah in the day and gets up with me when she cries at night. And though I was very strict in the beginning about how close she was allowed to get to Sarah I am a little more lax now that they both can play on the floor. I think Roxie is the most excited at the prospect of how much food this little one will drop on the floor in the months to come!



I don't have a great picture of Sarah and Buster or Busturd as Riley would call him but I would have to say that the cat is Sarah's favorite. He too loves her and has accepted the fact that this little sticky thing is here to stay. Buster will now come sit near Sarah and let her "pet" him for a while or until she gets a good fist full of fur and then he is outta there!



What can I say...Monkey see, Monkey do!






5 comments:

Forney RS said...

ahhhh she is so stinkin' cute I don't know what to do with myself.
That pic of her eating the rice cereal was seriously classic! It's like they think we're trying to poison them or something!!!

what a yummy baby!!

Coco said...

so cute! looks like she and roxie are getting along quite well. all your pics make me even more excited for this little baby inside me to pop out! only 28 more days!

The Roberts Rollercoaster RIde said...

Hey it's Rachel!!
That B&W pic is SUPER cute!! Love it!!
I think ALL kids make the greatest faces when trying food. They CRACK me up. Just wait until she wants to suck on lemon out of your water!! HA!!

Coco said...

i just wanted to say thank you again for the gift! i love it! gee, i wish i was crafty like that. i swear i got none of that from my mom...

oh, and what did you and jim call the boob cover upper??? it was funny, but i can't remember...

loves

I'm a Idiot said...

it's called the hooter hider!
luv jimbo